Antonelli San Marco is a wine and farming estate which extends over an entire 170 hectares located centrally within Montefalco's DOCG winemaking area. With a background rich in history and spanning 5 generations, the Antonelli family is passionately committed to caring for their territory and incredibly attentive to the quality of their products. From the 13th to the 19th century the property belonged to the bishopric of Spoleto. In 1881 it was bought by Francesco Antonelli, a lawyer from Spoleto, who immediately began a radical transformation and modernisation of the vineyards. Although Antonelli only began bottling and marketing its wines in 1979, their estate style is geared towards authenticity and harmony, drinkability and elegance rather than blunt power. In 1986 Filippo Antonelli took over the estate after attaining his degree in agriculture from the University of Perugia. The estate was certified organic in 2012.